One of the challenges my clients face, is figuring out what they should wear to a wedding. They are often times unsure, they don’t want to be over or under dressed.
Here are some things to take into consideration:
- The location of the wedding
- Is it outdoor/indoor etc. In a fancy hall or garden?
- The general expected temperature.
- What type of floor will you be standing on? Grass? Tile?
- What does the invitation look like? That can sometimes offer great insight as to the general “fanciness” of the wedding. Some invitations may even suggest a dress code.
- Is it a traditional wedding as you are accustomed to? Or something new?
- If its a different culture- you are generally not expected to wear what’s customary – however- if you’re up for it, its a great opportunity to experience something new, and your hosts would love that.
- Try as best as you can to be courteous by following some of the general guidelines- so if it’s lets say a wedding in a mosque or temple- keep your general look as respectful as possible. A great way to get 2 looks- one for the religious part and one for the party part, is to simply wear a shawl or shrug over your outfit, if you are unsure.
- DO NOT WEAR WHITE – lets not compete with the bride- 🙂
- Dress appropriately for the location and general setting- for example a summer wedding vs a winter wedding. A fancy indoor hall vs a rustic country barn.
- If it’s a garden wedding, don’t wear pointy heals, wedges are the safer bet.
- Lastly- in trying to keep with a minimalist wardrobe- If you are buying something new- make sure it’s versatile enough that you can wear it more than just once.
Here are some great versatile options that would suit almost every wedding style.
Keep it classy .. keep it you
One of the easiest ways “to do” elegance- is with a a great fitting white pant- It’s crisp and classic. A great wardrobe staple. It can be dressed up for cocktails or worn casually for a day of shopping.
Keep it classy
Keep it you ..
Hello .. its summer time! Packing for a holiday can be so challenging. Sometimes we can over-pack or under-pack. I have been guilty mostly of over-packing! Here are some things I have learnt:
- Make a list
- Check the weather at your destination for the time that you will be there
- Do you plan on shopping? (If yes Pack less)
- What are your planned activities while there? Will there be a lot of walking etc.
For your capsule holiday wardrobe:
Do: Pick colors that go well together, you want to be able to mix and match all of your pieces.
Do: Add a pop of color and have fun with your accessories like your handbag.
Do: Walk with a light detergent so you can #rinseandreuse.
Here is a great way to use a really good one piece swimsuit. It’s not just for swimming anymore 🙂
It can be used with more versatility. This makes it a great travel packing piece for #minimalist #travelpacking – #wash&rewear
When choosing a versatile 1-piece
Do: Buy a simpler piece that doesnt have too many lines and stitching-
Do: Pick a solid color
Do: Choose a swimsuit that allows for a smooth flowing seamless outfit- You want it to look more like a fitted top rather than a swimsuit
Do: Buy a well-made swimsuit
This black 1-piece is from Jcrew.
1- Pair it with shorts or a skirt for a great day-time, breakfast, siteseeing outfit.
2- Pair with a sarong, beach kimono for your pool/beach look.
3- Pair with trousers or a skirt for a great dinner outfit- use a shawl or a throw.
Keep it classy ~ Keep it you
Oh how I love a skirt outfit- comfy, stylish and so versatile. Here are some looks that i’ve put together that are casual, classy and stylish.
- With flowy skirts, try using more slim fitting blouses/tops.
- When colorful skirts are paired with solid simple tops, it lets the skirt and your other accessories stand out.
- With printed fabrics- you want to try to go with a solid colored top- it is far easier to match printed fabrics wtih solids like black or white, rather than trying to pick one of the shades from your fabric- which you can do- however I find it difficult to get an exact match. As with the last image here.
Fashion is soo much fun!
Keep it classy ..
A tailored, well fitting, black short pant, is a wardrobe must-have.
It is versatile and timeless.
It is a useful #travel piece. With different tops, and layering pieces, you can create multiple looks.
Why choose a tailored LBS?
A tailored pair can go from casual, to sporty, to glam, whereas, if we chose a casual one- you can only get one look from it- which is very casual. These we can wear on a city day tour- to a glam night out partying.
I have created just 3 looks from this pant, however there are dozens more can be created. Enjoy 🙂
Have you tried -high wasted pull up pants yet?
Since getting them, I’ve been wearing them instead of my usual go-to jeans. What a relief to finally have a great 2nd option.
They are very versatile. They are easy to wear, great fabric and very flattering.
They are good on all body types – but especially good for hip minimizing. If you are pear-shaped like I am.
Because it’s a loose pant
DO: pair it with more closely fitting tops.
Here I have paired it with one of my wardrobe essentials – my chambray shirt!
Shoes: Banana Republic
Black sunglasses: RalphLauren
Clear sunglasses: Michael Kors
thanks for stopping by.
Follow me on Instagram : vanitawardrobecoach
Hello Summer 🙂
Its skirt season! Although, where I live its pretty much always summer. However, all the stores get all the nice skirts during the “Summer” season.
For a minimalist wardrobe
Do: Pick 1 or 2 very verstaile colored skirts. For a minimalist wardrobe, try to pick one that can match with some of the tops you already own. So solids are a safe bet.
DO: Pick a skirt that isnt too heavily printed or pattered. Its easier to mix and match your accessories if you keep the skirt simple.
Do: By keeping your skirt simple- it will become more timeless. You can keep it around for years to come.
Do: Note, becasue you can get many looks from a great skirt, its a really good travel piece.
Do: Have fun with your skirts- keep your tops simple and spruce the outfit up with some “popping” accessories.
Do: Create several looks by changing your tops and accessories.